728x90 header
Chickens Secondary Header

How to get a pardon in Canada – Step 2

A new song from fun.’s debut album “Aim and Ignite” which is available now in stores and online. For more information go to www.facebook.com LYRICS Slow down, we’ve got time left to be lazy All the kids have bloomed from babies into flowers in our eyes. We’ve got 50 good years left to spend out in the garden I don’t care to beg your pardon, We should live until we die. We were barely 18 when we’d crossed collective hearts. It was cold, but it got warm when you’d barely crossed my eye. and then you turned, put out your hand, and you asked me to dance. I knew nothing of romance, but it was love at second sight. I swear when I grow up, I won’t just buy you a rose. I will buy the flower shop, and you will never be lonely. Even if the sun stops waking up over the fields I will not leave, I will not leave ’til it’s our time. So just take my hand, you know that I will never leave your side. It was the winter of ’86, and all the fields had frozen over. So we moved to Arizona to save our only son and now he’s turning to a man, although he thinks just like his mother, he believes we’re all just lovers he sees hope in everyone. And even though she moved away, we always get calls from our daughter. She has eyes just like her father’s they are blue when skies are grey. And just like him, she never stops, Never takes the day for granted, works for everything that’s handed to her, Never once complains. You think that I nearly lost you When the doctors tried to take you away. But like
Video Rating: 4 / 5

In my last article, I discussed the first step in completing an application for a pardon with the Canadian government. Here now, we discuss the second step, obtaining court documents and proof of convictions.

If you have not already done so, the first step in obtaining your pardon is to have your fingerprints taken and to obtain a certified copy of your criminal record from the RCMP Identification Services in Ottawa. A low-cost professional service like Express Pardons can help expedite this step for you if you need to have your pardon completed as quickly as possible. Otherwise, you will have to send your request to:

Royal Canadian Mounted Police
Identification Services, Civil Section
PO Box 8885 Ottawa, ON K1G 3M8

Now that you have received your CPIC criminal record, you need to review the document to see if there are any criminal records missing. As I mentioned in my previous post, in about 15% of cases, their will be offences missing. This is especially the case with offences more than 20 years old. The Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC) system has gone through many change over the years. In the past, a lot of criminal information was held locally, but was not uploaded onto the systems like CRIMS which populate the CPIC system with data.

It is very important to understand that criminal records can be held on numerous systems. You could have a criminal record on one system but not another, meaning you might think you are clear one day, then fail a criminal record check the next. Read my other article on some suggested reading on criminal record systems which you may find useful in understanding some of the larger systems out there.

If your criminal record from CPIC comes back blank, meaning “no criminal record”, this DOES NOT NECESSARILY mean you do not have a criminal record. It only means you do not have a record accessible by CPIC. You must find all of your criminal records by doing a multi-level criminal record search. That means searching CPIC, but also local police files and the provincial courts.

This is one of the crucial benefits of using a professional service to handle your case. Services such as Express Pardons have connections with virtually every police and court in Canada and they know the criminal record systems across the country. If you believe an offence is missing from your criminal record, the first step is to attend the court where the conviction occurred and request a proof of conviction.

The National Parole Board will want a certified true copy of the original “court information” document from your trial. The court will have this document in court archives. You will have to make the request, and pay any applicable fee, then wait until the court can order and receive the document from archives before making a certified copy for your pardon.

If the court cannot locate the offence, you have two options. First, if the offence does not appear on your CPIC criminal record, your local police record checks, and cannot be found by the court, then time has afforded you the benefit of having that offence pardoned anyway. Otherwise, if you wish to have it included in your pardon, you can prepare and complete a sworn affidavit to have the offence(s)

It's only fair to share...Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterPin on PinterestShare on Google+Digg this

Pages: 1 2 3

Comments are closed.

Chickens Secondary Header
728x90 header
Search the Site
film contracts
Script to Sales
Chicken Pens and Runs
Application Selection