Chickens Secondary Header
728x90 header

New York State Liquor Authority Retail License and Permits FAQ’s

The White House Office of National Aids Policy holds a forum with representatives of the Latino Community. September 23, 2010.

1. What are the minimum requirements for eligibility to hold a license?

a. Applicants must be US citizens or have permanent resident alien status. In some cases, citizens of countries with reciprocal trade agreements may apply.

b. Applicants must be 21 or older.

c. Applicants must not be convicted felons (unless they have a Certificate of Relief from Civil Disabilities.)

d. Applicants cannot be a police officer with arresting powers.

2. How can I get an application for an ABC license or permit, and where do I file my application when completed?

a. Some applications can be downloaded from the NYS Liquor Authority Website at (NYS Liquor Authority Retail Forms) and (NYS Liquor Authority Wholesale Forms) you may contact one of their four Zone Offices Licensing information Contact to receive an application by mail. Applications must be filed with the Zone Office that supports the county where the premises will conduct business (Zone Offices by County).

3. Do I need to consult a professional to help me complete the application?

a. The retail application has been simplified and is accompanied by detailed instructions to assist the applicant. However, applicants are always free to obtain professional consultation.

4. What are the permitted hours of operation for any given licensee?

a. The hours of operation are regulated by county where the business is located, except for New York City which is regulated by statewide law (County Closing Hours Provisions and Chart).

5. What are the Notification to the Clerk/Community Board and Notification of Publication?

a. On-premises license applicants must notify the appropriate government entity (village, town or city clerk or the appropriate community board if in NYC) as well as the designated newspaper of a pending license application at a particular location. See pages 8 and 9 of the Retail License Application (Retail Application).

6. When filing my application, am I required to submit the entire fee?

a. Yes. Installment options are no longer available as of August 1, 2002.

7. Can I qualify for a temporary permit while I wait for my permanent license application to be processed?

a. To qualify for a temporary permit, the following conditions must be satisfied:

i. There must be an active license in existence at the premises for which you are applying.

ii. The permit and 0.00 fee must be filed simultaneously with the Retail License Application.

iii. The temporary permit will expire 90 days from the date of issuance.

8. Are there any restrictions on the location of my premises?

a. Applicants for a liquor store license, wine store license and on-premises license cannot be within 200 feet of a school, church, synagogue or other place of worship.

9. In what instances will criminal convictions or administrative actions by the SLA disqualify my application?


It's only fair to share...Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterPin on PinterestShare on Google+Digg this

Pages: 1 2

Comments are closed.

Chickens Secondary Header
728x90 header
Search the Site
film contracts
Script to Sales
Chicken Pens and Runs
Application Selection